Sunday 5 July 2009

Chelsea Harbour

After planning out a few things for the next few days, including a visit to LSE, Covent Garden to the London Bead Shop and to do some hotel searching for my mom, the Victoria and Albert Museum, and Oxford Street (among many other things), I decided to take advantage of the beatiful sunny day. I first went for a run along the Thames Path and then onto Lot Street, where I turned down a side street which led me to a beautiful park with dozens of children playing and running through a sprinkler, and people of all ages lounging on the grass. I think I will go back there soon to read (at dinner the other night Sharon recommended a book by Oliver James called Affluenza that I think I'll get on my Kindle), sunbathe, and plan more adventures for my coming weeks here. After my run, I went food shopping, because although I have lots of delicious Indian leftovers from last night (Sharon and I ordered in from a great restaurant in Imperial Wharf and everything was fantastic and in huge portions, hence the leftovers) I figured I'd want a change of taste eventually. So I walked out of Chelsea Harbour and ended up at Marks & Spencer on King Street, which is my new favorite food store...anyway I'm getting tired of writing, I think I'm going to play some tennis on the Wii and relax. x

1 comment:

  1. Hey Christina. Figures you'd find the good food places right off the bat. That's so you. I recall now too in London the incredible number of Indian places. Curry in a 1001 varieties. :-)

    Glad all is going well on this part of your european tour. Looking forward to following your adventures. I'm going to try to get skype working on my PC. let you know how that goes. Both my work one and my home one both belong to York telecom, so I may have to engage IT staff. but hey, I'm the VP here so I don't think it's too much to ask especially in a company that's on the leading edge of unified communications.....well, that's my rationale anyway and I'm running with it.

    Take care.

    Roger

    ReplyDelete