Saturday 4 July 2009

July in London


Waking up this morning, I was pleased, but not surprised, to see the sun shining and feel a warm breeze through the big open windows. Since I've gotten here (on Wednesday afternoon), the weather has been similar to July at the Jersey Shore (around 90 degrees Fahrenheit in the afternoon; very uncharacteristic for England). However, Londoners don't seem to be embracing the weather as much as I have been. The other day as I was walking down King Road, a newspaper headline caught my eye, reading, "Tube Too Hot for Cattle". While I do love the Atlantic Ocean adn the Manasquan beaches, I have quickly come to love the Thames River and the quirky houseboats that line it. From the flat I'm living in in Chelsea Harbor, the view of the Thames and surrounding city is incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment